POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Oil burner thingy. : Re: Oil burner thingy. Server Time
4 Oct 2024 05:23:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oil burner thingy.
From: Spider
Date: 10 May 1999 14:16:53
Message: <3736E6E5.6BF5E28B@bahnhof.se>
GrimDude wrote:

>   Water isn't blue.
I know :-)

> Water is clear.
Not really, depends.

> Water looks better if it reflects its environment.
I know, it does. :-)

> Water is wet,
How do I make pov water wet?
material{
  feel{
    liquid 1 //liquid takes a exponent. at 3 you'll have syrup.
    headache 0 //This removes all the headache from making textures
  }
}
/* This is stupid */

> and has a specific index of refraction (1.33 at 20 degrees C.).
Yep, this does :-)

> Water does not sit in containers in a flat manner.
Nope, but I haven't yet managed to make it "cling" to the borders of the
bowl....

>   With all of that said, my water sux. :)
Hey, look at mine then.

>   I think the SuperPatch will make the best water, currently. I haven't had
> good success with it yet, but I'm still convinced. I can't wait to see the
> photon patch added to the super patch and all added to Pov 3.5.
Well, perhaps I'll look into it (through a lens of.... water)

>   I also can't wait until I have the patience to produce stunning water! :)
ditto.

--
//Spider    --  [ spi### [at] bahnhofse ]-[ http://www.bahnhof.se/~spider/ ]
And the meek'll inherit what they damn well please